Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Left Hand Oak Aged Widdershins

A+ / 4.55
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | drink: 4

ABV: 8.80%
Style: English Barleywine
Purchased: On tap at Union Brewhouse in Weymouth, MA for $5.25 per 10 oz. draft

Enjoyed on tap at Union Brewhouse in Weymouth, Ma. Being the only tap offering served in a 10 ounce (tulip) glass, and it being my birthday, I of course had to try this one out.

This beer was fairly light for a barleywine and until looking it up I couldn't tell if it was a barleywine or just a strong ale of some sort.

The aroma was amazing and completely unexpected. The first thing that came to mind was opium; a very dense, floral, perfume scent, with malts providing a candy backbone. Superb.

Taste was similar, floral and malty with a spiciness. I probably could have stuck with these all night, but they would have been peeling me off the bathroom floor. Very intriguing and unique brew, hope to find it again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What's up man, I found your blog; it's on my favorites now. I'll catch up with you soon, Saturday is set for a brewing and BBQ evening.

Chris (downstairs)