Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Union Brew House

550 Washington Street
Weymouth, MA 02188

A-
/ 4.05
vibe: 4 | quality: 4 | service: 3.5 | selection: 4.5 | food: 4 - $$

I've visited the Brew House about 8 times in the past few years, all since I've moved south from Mass. Unfortunately, most times I head up I forget my checklist...For those that don't know, the Brew House has a checklist of 99 beers, and sign them off as you order them. When you complete the list, they'll put a plaque with your name and witty quote on their wall.

Most of the beers on their list are good, but far too many are macros. Molson and Corona for example. However, if you're just stopping by, you'll have no problem finding quality beers to drink. Their motto is "No Crap on Tap," and of the 15 or so rotating taps, I've never seen it compromised.

The patio area is great in the summer if you're not interested in catching a game. Problem here is service is hard to get. Although we did have a new girl who might not have been accustomed to the pace of the bar yet.

Inside, there are HD tv's showing local sports games, maybe 10-12 tall bar tables, and a decent size curvy bar. Digital juke box, Golden Tee, and other bar staples are around. I scooped a copy of Beer Advocate magazine on my way out last time - I think it was free?

The bar food is great, and the nachos are enormous. Service has always been friendly, and usually knowledgeable. Definitely check it out if you're on the South Shore.

No comments: